Saturday, February 2, 2013

Turning 30 Rule #2: Get Something You've Always Wanted

In my case, I have always wanted an ice cream cake. No one gets you an ice cream cake when your birthday is in January and everyone wants hot chocolate on account of the brass monkey weather.

We used to go to volleyball night with at church when I was younger. Afterward we would sometimes go to Baskin Robbins. They had a book of ice cream cakes there. I can still remember some of the pictures.  A rabbit and a clown (don't they know about the general clown/creepiness situation?)  were at least two of the options.

Anyway, for months before my birthday I was coaching Adam that the one thing I really wanted was an ice cream cake.
I got one.  A delicious Coldstone chocolate ganauche confection of many wonders. With my name written on it even.

And I violently hacked it apart with a large knife apparently.


There's no need to be alarmed. Irene clearly wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment